4 observations after watching grandmasters tearing it up at bigbox, more than 20 matches each
- rolling must be perfected, for both offense and defense. they have very specific setups after each scenario 1. normal throw 2. reverse normal throw 3. skyfall 4. COD to really beef up the mixup game. this is something i wish to share and discuss in more details with fellow abel and non-abel players (so they know what to expect too).
- 100% combo execution
every chance they got to punish, they punish with 100% accuracy. so to be really effective with abel we have to get our combos down. 1 combo hurts alot.
- use of forward MK
these guys get it right majority of the time, how and why I have no idea, something to explore. after dash forward
1. block low then high quickly, react to what's next
2. reverse normal throw
4. LK roll
5. d.LP into poke strings, or link to s.MP->COD
- low footsies
they catch alot alot alot of players not blocking low. so usage of the sweep and the d.LK->s.HP->COD must be in your gameplan.
alot of the above is 废话 but is really useful.
clinton in the ryu matchups i see the grandmasters very often jump back HP to reset the situation. spacing is so important in this one
the akuma matchups are really tough
- s.LK must be often used to poke.
- after their farking s.HK a good option is to jump FORWARD